ACHIEVING RESULTS, EVEN IN THE FACE OF ADVERSITY
Risk and challenges are natural occurrences in any business, presenting both anticipated and unexpected stumbling blocks. But, how we deal with these determines whether we stagnate or prosper, and to what extent. At Bryte, we remain committed to the latter.
Determined to succeed
So, while COVID-19 may have blindsided every human being, it has only strengthened our collective resolves. As a business, we have responded through agility, swift adaptations, mindset shifts and innovation in terms of:
How we do things, Where we do them and in some instances, even… Why we do them
we do things
we do them
we do them
We have all realised new benefits that technology affords but equally, have grown to trust and appreciate other uses, much more.
- Almost overnight, we successfully switched to working remotely and despite a six-fold increase in claims volumes, we have continued to respond, timeously
- To date, we have paid in excess of 5,225 COVID-19 related claims to the value of almost R200 million
- Recognising early on the impact of this pandemic on businesses, particularly on those within the hospitality sector, we have extended more than R62.5 million to customers and communities in need
New partnerships in 2020
Bryte Life - Launched to provide high quality insurance solutions for underserved citizens
- Continues to enjoy impressive growth in the funeral insurance segment
- Two new stores opened at Dobsonville Mall and Alex Mall in September
- Community radio partnerships engaged
Opportunity through technology
TIA toll-out - We are incredibly proud of the progress we have made in integrating TIA across the business and look forward to delivering a range of additional benefits to our stakeholders as we progressively migrate to this system.
2021 - A sneak peek
While as a global nation, we may have made good progress in responding to this pandemic, it is difficult to predict what the future holds. Despite the uncertainty, as a responsible business, we are committed to playing our part in the recovery and growth of our economy.
So, in 2021, as part of our refreshed strategy, we will:
1 Continue to put people first
- We remain invested in nurturing an entrepreneurial culture and exploring ways in which to strengthen our value proposition
- With the safety and wellbeing of our employees being our top priority, where feasible, virtual engagements will continue
- Where appropriate, employees will continue to work remotely in 2021
Partners and clients
- We will continue to place service excellence at the forefront ensuring:
- The highest levels of attention
- Access to robust, relevant and tailored risk identification and risk mitigation solutions
- The sharing of compelling insights and foresight
- More seamless and simplified processes
- We will look at more ways in which to support the growth of our clients and partners, sustainably
2 Extrapolate more meaningful insights from data
Through your support, our investment into collating data more efficiently and leveraging the insights extrapolated, will continue. Our ambition is for the data to meaningfully influence business decisions and inform more effective ways to serve the dynamic needs of the environment in which our clients operate.
We are delighted with the success made in migrating to TIA and hope to have our roll-out complete by the end of 2021. We are also excited about the efficiencies and prospects the new system will deliver for our business, your business and that of our clients’.
We look forward to your partnership, support and continued feedback as we navigate ongoing change while remaining focused on mutual growth. We wish you every success in 2021.